"...for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him." Matthew 6:8

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Where did August go???

Oh my goodness, it was been a crazy busy couple months for us!!! Where did the summer go??

The month of August was a busy month for all of us.
Jesse had an enduro race, Addyson as always had a couple Dr. visits, the twins had developmental testing in Minneapolis through the NICU to test their skills making sure they aren't falling behind due to their SUPER prematurity, they also had their tonsils removed, Early childhood open house, and of course many bomb fires and late nights playing outside getting dirty!! :)

I am DREADING winter, but so looking forward to fall. I love cooler nights, hot chocolate, bomb fires, hay wagon rides, the leaves changing color, and everything else fall has to offer!!

September has already been busy. The twins started school on the 1st. They LOVE it...I think they like riding the BUS more than actually GOING to school :) We celebrated the Labor weekend by milking cows and going to the Ridgeland tractor pull! I celebrated my birthday on the 6th by going to Texas Roadhouse, my favorite place to eat, with family! It was a lot of fun. Of course Jesse MADE me ride the saddle, but the twins BOTH jumped on with me so it was cute moment I will always remember instead of an embarrassing one :) We have the Colfax famous fireman's ball this weekend. Jesse is driving his tractor while pulling a hay wagon with us in the back so the kids can throw candy! We did this last year and they LOVED it!! ...mommy LOVES it to because they are THROWING the candy instead of accumulating it :) Then after there is always an auction, kids pedal pull, and they have good food. However, we always eat at Marita and dads, cuz he too always grills food and has the family over...and dads grilling is always better than anywhere else :)

I also babysit a little 4 month old boy during the day! He is the cutest little thing :) Austin comes in the door from school and the first thing he says is "wheres Karter??" Ellyssa likes to be little mommy and help me with him by feeding him , holding him on the couch, and playing with toys with him!!! I think like me, she too is getting her " baby fix" through this little man, since Addyson doesn't do what "normal" babies do...

Addyson has started back with therapy for sure once a week, but are going to try to get her in to twice a week now that summer is over. Between us and the therapists busy summer we kind of took therapy week by week seeing how busy our schedules looked. Meaning I was doing a lot of work with her on my own time making sure she didn't forget or get lazy on me!! :) She also has a nurse coming out still, once a week unless she is having a good week, I tell the nurse we don't need her to come take the trip to Colfax :) Those are GOOD phones calls that we have about Addyson...and mommy likes the GOOD ones :)

I hope all of you had an amazing summer filled with lots of memories ...I know we sure did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment